Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

West Elm Art

Lourdes Sánchez Wall Art, Stacked GeoOften times, some of the coolest art is the simplest art. Like this piece from West Elm---

It's so simple. Circles and squares. Black and white. But it's bold and modern and I love it.

So I recreated it.

I created an 11 X 14 canvas in Photoshop, made some circles and squares, layered on a few more circles and squares in a contrasting color (in this case, white) and then grunged them up with the paint tool so the lines weren't so crisp and perfect, which is what I love most about the art.

Here's what I came up with---


{Click on graphic for bigger, high-resolution pic}


Feel free to copy the graphic for personal use!

ETA: The West Elm Art was featured on Knock Off Decor! WOOT!




6 comments:

  1. Jenna, how clever! It turned out awesome! Also, thank you for sharing the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I LOOOVE working with Photoshop, but my computer is full of graphics just sitting there collecting dust. I figured I might as well share them, right? I'm so glad you came over to the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad you stopped in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so awesome! thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tara! I'm happy to share. I LOVE photoshopping, so I might as well spread the fun, right? :)

    ReplyDelete